Life is fast and full for most of us! We go through the days like ships at sea without a compass, seemingly at the mercy of everything around us. That is when it is important to make a conscious decision to pause and realize that we are the ones responsible for our lives. We can take charge. We can find our compass, our direction, and make a difference in the world. Three steps we can take to achieve our direction are to quiet the mind, connect with the body, and evaluate whether or not we are expressing our gifts fully in the world. All three of these practical expressions can make a major difference in the quality of our lives!
The first step: Quieting The Mind
• Set aside time in silence at least 3 days a week for 20 minutes where you can begin to get to know yourself, your needs, your desires and aspirations. Learn to identify and trust your intuition and inner voice. We all have an inner voice that guides and directs us. We just need to listen.
• Question: Can you think of one way this week that you could actually create a period of calm and stillness for yourself?
The second step: Connecting With The Body
• Learn to become more aware of your body’s needs.
• Listen more closely to the signs that your body gives you, i.e. where are there aches, sensations and areas of tightness? Is your body sending you a message? What might the message be?
• Explore these sensations through yoga or other movement you enjoy. Your body holds great information about its own healing needs and emotional state of being.
• Question: What 2 things would you need to do differently to begin to honor and care for your body in a new way?
By taking these two steps, you start to walk on a path of self-exploration. You begin to get a sense of who you are and how your life fits into the scheme of things. Each of us is unique and each of us has a unique contribution to make in the world. The world today needs the contributions that are born from the qualities and gifts embodied in women. We as women need to discover these gifts and bring them forth.
|Join our Facebook Group ” Women Influencing Now”|