Life is fast and full for most of us! It is important to make a conscious decision to quiet the mind, connect with the body, and evaluate whether or not we are expressing our gifts fully in the world. All three of these practical expressions can make a major difference in the quality of our lives!
Consider the following:
1 Quieting the mind
- Set aside time in silence at least 3 days a week for 20 minutes. Begin to get to know yourself, your needs, your desires and aspirations. Learn to identify and trust your intuition and inner voice. We all have an inner voice that guides and directs us. We just need to listen.
- Question: Can you think of 1 way this week that you could actually create more calm & stillness?
2. Connecting with the body
- Learn to become more aware of your body’s needs.
- Listen more closely to the signs that your body gives you, i.e. where are there aches, sensations, and areas of tightness? Is your body sending you a message? What might the message be?
- Explore these sensations through yoga & movement. Your body holds great information about its own healing needs and emotional state of being.
- Question: What 2 things would you need to do differently to begin to honor and care for your body in a new way?
3. Expressing our gifts in the world
- Begin to look at the day-to-day changes that you can make in your life to express more of who you really are.
- Evaluate whether or not your day is made up of work activities and projects that fulfill you.
- In the course of each day, do you fully express your greatest gifts? (For example, if you’re a writer, make sure that your day includes writing; if you enjoy people, make sure that your day involves social contact and is not limited to working at a desk job; if you enjoy nature, make sure that each day includes time outdoors.)
- Question: How could you bring more joy, richness, and fulfillment into your life on a daily basis? What areas of our life could you improve?
As we learn to honor these small and simple things, we begin to connect more with who we are and why you here . From these discoveries we begin to create deeply meaningful lives.
Posted in Building Your Business, Business | Tagged Connecting with the Body, Expressing our gifts in the world, Maureen Simon, Quieting the Mind, The Essential Feminine, Three Must Do’s to Make Conscious Decisions In Your Business and Life?, Women Influencing Now | Leave a Comment »
“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love.”
-Gandhi’s Prayer For Peace
I read this prayer for peace the other day and it opened a flood gate within me. Inner voices within me raised many questions. I wondered if we offered each other peace, love and friendship — again, how different would this world be? If I could see your beauty, hear your need and feel your feelings how differently would I relate to you? If we could believe that our wisdom flows from the highest source and salute each other, what would be the general feeling on the street?
What do we have to lose? Let’s work together for unity and love.
~ Maureen Simon
Posted in Maureen Simon | Tagged Gandhi, Gandhis Prayer for Peace, Highest Source, Love and Friendship, Maureen Simon, Prayer for Peace, The Essential Feminine, Women Influencing Now | Leave a Comment »
“Do not take life’s experiences too seriously. Above all, do not let them hurt you, for in reality they are nothing but dream experiences… If circumstances are bad and you have to bear them, do not make them a part of yourself. Play your part in life, but never forget that it is only a role.”
Paramahansa Yogananda is one of my all time favorite teachers in life. He truly has taught me to live life as if I am acting on a stage. For this, I hold great gratitude to him. Each day, life can feel very serious as though this moment and today are all that really matter. But like most experiences in life, if you look back on a day that seemed to be your all time worst, today in retrospect it may feel far less significant. Another thought that crosses my mind frequently is how important it is for me to step out of my life and to look at things from an aerial view, from a bigger picture. Most times, the things that seem so important on the ground hold very little importance when I look at their overall relevance.
So the lesson for me is to take things easy, to take things as they come. I am committed to learning, to go with the flow and to allow my life to unfold as though I were an actor on the stage.
Posted in Self-discovery | Tagged Dream, go with the flow, life unfold, life’s experiences, Paramahansa Yogananda | Leave a Comment »
Thinking about summer almost always brings up the thought of vacationing. When I was a child we lived on the East Coast of the U.S. We always took our vacation on Cape Cod. I have special memories of deep pine forests, ice cream cones, long bike trails and hot sandy beaches that warmed my toes. As I embraced the business world, the lines of vacation became more blurred. During some years time became less available for long summer strolls on the beach. At the same time the need for rejuvenation and rest was greater. I have always needed to slow down so I can hear my natural rhythm so that I can begin to hear myself and what I really need. This, for me, is the finest gift of a staycation; a truly relaxing vacation.
Today with the world moving at such a quick pace, many of my friends and colleagues are reevaluating what they need in a vacation/staycation. For many this needs to be a block of time set aside for rejuvenation, contemplation and renewal. That is not to say that the traditional vacation luxury needs to go. However, many people are being financially frugal or working more than they have in the past. So what’s a woman to do?
What would be your version of an ideal staycation or vacation?
I would love to know!
If you want some help envisioning your ideal staycation- our Bubble Bath may help. Read more about our Bubble Bath –
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
One of the most important things we women need is financial independence. Many of us have chosen to create sustainable businesses that support our values. Over the last five years I’ve had hundreds of conversations with women who have pointed out that they have had to change or adapt their business to become more relevant or to adapt to new market needs.
The face of business is changing. Relevance is an essential theme to business. One of my all time favorite things to do is to evaluate a business based on the following criteria:
Does It meet a specific market need
Is it financially sustainable
Does the woman founder/director believe fully in her business
I truly believe that when we line up our lives with the essence with why we are here, success becomes easily accessible. However, we still need to have an expertise, passion and diligence in the work we do.
Did you ever consider changing the work you do? Or, designing or re-designing your business to include something you do well or have a strong interest in. Stagnation is a great killer. Never fear change when you have a strong niggling or calling to do something differently.
Are you getting new ideas?
Is something unique or different calling you?
Are you learning new skills that could be applied in new ways?
Are you ready to innovate, contribute or change something?
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
After many conversations with women –to get a better sense for what most of us need most today to be fulfilled, to contribute, to shine and to make a difference in this world ( which women really love to do)……it has become very clear to us that:
- We all have a very special reason that we are here in this world
- When we know this reason and incorporate it into our every day—our life comes alive and we contribute at a much higher level and are much happier doing so.
- We also become more excited about our life because it –all of a sudden has a deeper meaning
- We can measure our day and life against something greater than us and OUR needs (narcissism is becoming passé).
- Life becomes VERY interesting.
In the research for the book the ability for women to make a meaningful contribution to the world she lives in showed up consistently –as a high value for women. When we are giving, caring and overlooking the needs of “the whole”- all- we are most happy.
For these reasons we have designed our new tele- course Divine Destiny- Live Your Calling: Come Alive! We have created a very simple 2 session process to guide you to really know why you are here and how to really start living and contributing NOW. The world really needs you!
Posted in Growth and Change | Leave a Comment »
Sometimes we slip into playing and living in a much smaller and safer way than we are really here and capable of living. The key to moving beyond this place is to get conscious and to begin to really live the life we most desire. For many of us this desire may feel distant or faraway or perhaps we have been there but lost our way and need to regroup. We often get cues or hints in or daily life that gets us thinking – am I happy , is this life really working for me? Some of us freeze like Bambi in headlights when we hear these messages and stay small- as change can be uncertain and staying where we are seems safer. Some of us reach overwhelm and question our whole life, its meaning and purpose. We all get a moment of pause that allows us to question how we are really living life.
When we are being called forward to live more consciously we usually:
- Get a niggling feeling that something is not right…that we are not fulfilled
- Experience a reoccurring sense that there is more to life than the way I am now living.
- Or get another sign in a way we are used to receiving information
Always listen to these cues because they provide invaluable opportunities and subtle openings for change and lasting success.
Recently I realized that I had a lot on my plate and that my priorities and my ability to accomplish what I needed to accomplish while still loving my life was becoming a challenge. I had one of those niggling feeling that something was not right. I had to stop- slow down – listen – take the bull by the horns and re-prioritize my days based on what I truly desired most- that aligned with what I value most.
So where does getting VERY clear on our desires enter into the picture?
What we desire is central to designing a life of success and meaning. When you understand your deepest desire (and have tested it to see if it is linked with your highest reason for being here -your destiny) your life will take on a new rich meaning- fulfillment will be central to your every day. You then know that you are on the path to a life well lived.
Let’s get practical here is the road-map I have used to anchor my deepest desires and values in my day and to measure- daily- how I am doing:
- First be clear about your dream- what do you really want to accomplish (be it in your life or a given month- the art here is clarity about what you want!
- Next, take small measurable steps to build more of this dream into your day (find a teacher or mentor who has already accomplished it, research about it – to build understanding. Do whatever you can to make it real.
- See yourself already there- picture yourself living or accomplishing this great desire ( it really helps to take the distance and blocks away). As you become more comfortable and familiar with the desire it slowly becomes a part of your world.
- Notice coincidences and synchronicities….these are gold dust. Every day here are signs, messages and intuitive knowledge available to us. We must be proactive and invite this wisdom in and use it.
- Close each day with a review of what was wonderful about the day and aligned your day actually was with your greatest desires and values. We are living in an era where great consciousness is needed. Be very conscious and very intentional.
These days that we are living in are absolutely amazing. We have many choices available to us each day. Live life fully. It is your choice.
Let me know if I can be of help. I am committed to your success- your success from the inside out!
Posted in Making Money, Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »